I Prefer White!

We just started our first dream home search in Navi Mumbai thinking we can get a bigger space and more affordable options in this area. So while our only concern was if travelling would be really difficult in the far-off sectors, the harsh reality presented itself - Black is in!
We were shocked the way brokers / estate agents openly asked us, "Black kitna kar sakte ho!" (How much can you pay in black.). 
No there wasn't the slightest hesitation in asking for black money. In fact, we were looked down upon once we told that we will only pay in white! Guess what, each estate agent we met until now has only 1-2 all-white flats and several in the black-n-white mode. While we insisted to know why the hell we must pay in black, the answer was unanimous - arre builder ko bhi toh khilana padta hai na, woh kidhar se paise layega! As if we are being inconsiderate by refusing to pay in black!
But like builders we too are adamant. We are gonna discriminate and favour the white in this case! 
Do diwaane shaher mein
Raat aur dopahar mein
Aabodaana dhoondte hain
WHITE aashiyana dhoondte hain
Here's a tip: If you haven't bought a house in the recent years and you do not want to deal in cash, be prepared to be super patient in your home search. Give yourself a window of 8 months to find yourself a WHITE HOUSE. I am sure we will, and even you will find the one sooner or later.

11 comments:

  1. I don't have a house of my own. I have always lived in a rented house or the staff quarters except for my parents' house where I lived in my boyhood. This post makes me wonder...

    But I see so many ads in the media for sale of flats. I thought there are too many flats on sale and too less people to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. may your search ends soon.. and you get something in white.. :)
    Weakest LINK

    ReplyDelete
  3. @matheikal - thanks for dropping in! Yes there are too many ads for sale of apartments and there are definitely many in a given price range. But when you inquire about them, you realise that the rates mentioned are 'basic' rates, nothing close to the actual money we have to shell out. No wonder, there are always many ads in this category!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you good luck in your search! I am sure there are reputed builders out there who accept all in white.We were successful in Pune atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt know that either! real estates are becoming one booming sector for money especially black! hope ur home search ends in a happy way with a good dream house to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Krishnapriya... ya, even we didnt know that until we actually started meeting the brokers... thanks for the wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. talk of navi mumbai and oofff...it's memory lane yar...imagine covering that entire area from vashi to panvel..which was what i was doing entire 90s for times of india...super days buddy..will be back der some time insha allah..take care friend..best wishes always

    ReplyDelete
  8. true!! ghor kalyug i tellya!
    i loved the twist to the song---its one of my favs :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ramesh - i love the area too and now when i visit the western suburbs where i lived all my life, i find them too crowded ;)
    @Pri - unfortunately we don't get to see these beautiful songs on TV much these days

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! If you have reached the comments section, I presume you have read and liked what I wrote. So please feel free to comment on how you liked this post.
Of course, there is a possibility that you found the first few lines too boring / incorrect / disagreeable that you decided to jump to the comments section and give me some piece of your mind. See, that is why I have moderation on comments ;)
Hehe! Hope to see you around.