Today, the roads are empty, the trains aren’t crowded and offices and colleges have very poor attendance. Why? Because most Indians are ‘sick’ today (read - they are gonna watch the India Pakistan World Cup 2011 semi-finals!).
Thank God, this once, for the huge range and possibilities of medical problems that can be used as excuses to take a day off from work and colleges.
Some of the common medical excuses that can be used are:
- Viral fever / flu... You have been coming to work all these days with fever, but today it has crossed the 103 degrees mark
- Bad cold... you can’t afford to be at office / college and spread the cold
- Headache / migraine / sinus... blame it on the work / study pressure
- Stomach upset... you were working late last night and had to order food from a local restaurant
- Toothache... you have to get your root canal done today
- Excessive dehydration... it’s the heat
- Muscle sprain... you had to push your wardrobe to find an important document
- Conjunctivitis... it spreads fast, doesn’t it?
Well, the can be really long but I’d rather concentrate on the match right now!