The 4 am friend


Isn't it strange when you meet some people for the first time and at that moment have no idea that they will always be there with you... they will always be there for you!

They say you are determined by the company you keep. But the deeper fact is that the company you keep often makes you the person you are. The way it happened with me.

I am so thankful for that sunny day of my college life when I met Sush. Frankly, I do not remember the date I met her first, but that was the time I entered the degree program at Bhavans College, Andheri. And that was the time I can never thank God enough for.


Back then, the bespectacled Sush with flawless complexion was a genius. Well, she still is! She used to be our college group's chalta-phirta calculator. And she used to be the most composed person in the face of everything. Be it selecting the topics that should definitely not be omitted during exams or solving a personal problem, she always had the right solution! At the same time, she was a fun person to be with! She used to be the backbone of the group.

I on the other hand was the PJ person. But moreover, I used to be confused about so many things. I did not understand the complexities of certain things and situations. And I often spoke the wrong thing at just the wrong moment. I was thankful that Sush was around. I could always count on her and her help.


Years passed. Some friends parted and a precious few stayed together. But about the other precious few, we'll talk some time later. This one's for Sush!

Like everyone else, life threw several challenges at me. But every time I would almost give up, I found a support system in Sush.



Sometimes when you are full of sorrow and disappointments, they say you must talk it out to feel better. But who you talk to makes all the difference. It has to be a caring friend like Sush who sincerely listens to you. Who knows when to interrupt, when not to. Who knows when to just listen and when to just disagree. Who knows how to wipe your tears even when you are miles away. Who knows how to make you feel stronger when you are on the verge of giving up. Who knows how to enjoy the smallest joys of life and deal with the toughest complications too!

Who knows how not to be too angry at a close friend who just could not even call her up on her very special day. Who forgives even when you do not apologise properly out of sheer embarrassment. Who hears the unsaid and straight-from-the-heart "sorry" and says "it's okay" wrapped in some idhar-udhar ki baatein.

I am so lucky to have you as my best friend. I am so sorry for not calling you up the entire day.

Happy birthday to one of the nicest people in my life - Sushmita!
Wishing you all the happiness in the world.
Wishing you the best of health and success in everything.

Have a lovely day, every day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by my blog! If you have reached the comments section, I presume you have read and liked what I wrote. So please feel free to comment on how you liked this post.
Of course, there is a possibility that you found the first few lines too boring / incorrect / disagreeable that you decided to jump to the comments section and give me some piece of your mind. See, that is why I have moderation on comments ;)
Hehe! Hope to see you around.