Folks, Volkswagen is pronounced with an "F"

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's with an "F"! Volkswagen is pronounced as F-olkswagen. In German, "V" is pronounced like an "F", the reason why we must "F" it!


Wondering why I am writing about this NOW? Well, Volkswagen Vento is unveiled today and the news channel are complete with the info about the launch date, specifications etc etc. I thought it's high time I tell this to those who are clueless about this. And to those who have been telling me that I am wrong.

Now, ever since I first worked on a pitch for the brand with one of the ad agencies, I have been telling my friends and all about this. After all, along with the briefing we were told to take care we pronounce it with an F. I found it very interesting. But most of my friends would simply make fun of me when I would "F" it. Obviously, at that time the German car had not arrived in India and people were not aware about the pronunciation. But now when the news channels talk about "F"olkswagen, I can only smile proudly! 
So remembering Shahid Kapoor in Kaminey, I would just say:

KaiFe kaiFe, aiFe aife: F-olkswagen
Logo image courtesy: Volkswagen India website

2 comments:

  1. Nice one. Germans have a funny way of pronouncing. Volkswagen is Folkswagen. But Whiskey is Viskey.
    And We is V. Want is vant.

    And, their grammar is more complicared than Sanskrit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post. Volkswagen Vento is the best car in its segment and much better in comparison to its rivals. Planning to buy it soon in white shade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! If you have reached the comments section, I presume you have read and liked what I wrote. So please feel free to comment on how you liked this post.
Of course, there is a possibility that you found the first few lines too boring / incorrect / disagreeable that you decided to jump to the comments section and give me some piece of your mind. See, that is why I have moderation on comments ;)
Hehe! Hope to see you around.