- Unlike other relations, you love to do things for your friends because "you just love to" and not because "you must do".
- You know they'll hear you out not because they "have to" but because they genuinely "want to".
- It's not that they'll give you more / less bhaav because you have more / less money. When they call you an idiot, they don't mean it. When they call you a genius, they really mean it.
- Just when you are about to be irreversibly lost in your dreams, they bring you back to reality and you realise this is where you should be.
- Just when the reality gets harsh, they sway you in the world of hope and dreams. You return back to reality with all the strength and confidence.
- There's no obligation whatsoever.
- Arguments are minimalistic. And so are fights, if any. The best part is they never give your heart any scars for life.
- If they don't call / mail you for days, you call them with a few swear words and time flies as you catch up for the lost time. If there's no contact for a few months, you do the same. If you're not in touch for a year or so, ditto. In case of other relations, you simply forget such relatives.
- Friends are the best choice you ever made in life.
Friends - the best choice we ever make
Happy friendship day to all of you! And now that mauka bhi hai, mausam bhi, let me scribble a few things I like about having friends: